Monday, September 27, 2010

Fùnyìhng (welcome) to my life in Hong Kong

So here I am taking the big plunge into the unfamiliar territory of online blogging. Many people have gone down this road before but never before have I thought my life to be interesting enough and my writing skills adequate enough to post anything online to share with the world. So what’s changed?

Well first of all I’ve recently moved to Hong Kong with my partner and, even though I have lived in may different places around the world, this place just has so many weird and wonderful things that I feel the need to write about them and share with friends and family and anyone else interested. Secondly, for the first time in my life I am finding myself in a situation where I have so much free time I have no idea how to fill it and writing useless blogs seems to be an interesting way to fill my time. So as long while I have all of this time off I decided I might as well start writing down some of these things that I have been witnessing around me.

Before I start going into the specifics of my experiences in Hong Kong, I’d like to share some of my overall first impressions of Hong Kong: tall skyscrapers, lots of people, dead animals hanging from shop windows, more skyscrapers, illegible shop signs, hygiene mania, smog, strange unidentifiable objects in pharmacy shops (something that smells that nasty surely can’t be good for you!) and even more skyscrapers.

So far the experience has been absolutely amazing and everyday I am learning new things so dive with me into this journey and enjoy these weird and wonderful experience with me!

As they say in Hong Kong, Baai Baai!

Annelotte

No comments: